For most of us, cleaning is a perpetual headache. For every load of laundry you do, there’s one more right behind it ready to go. You take your trash out to only to fill it up again, and on and on!
Keeping a house clean is a thankless job, but it is a necessary one. At Bee Maids, we want to make it a simple one too.
We have provided you with a simple list of steps you can take to keep your house sparkly clean and organized. With just minutes a day, you can speed clean your way to that beautifully clean house of your dreams.
Of course, there are times when you can’t get to it all on your own. For those moments (or days, or weeks!) we are here to help. Contact us today for your free quote and let us take your worries out with the trash!
Now, as promised, let’s get right down to it. Here are a few tips and tricks. Use them to keep the clutter out of your life, and the mess out of your house.
The first step to keeping your house clean every day is minimizing your mess. You need to start with a fresh canvas. Otherwise, you’re just moving the mess around to clean.
So, the first step to an easy clean-up is:
Clear the Clutter
Organization is key.
One of the reasons we love a clean house is the peace of mind you get from knowing you’ve kept your mess contained. Of course, there will be times when the mess gets the best of you, but there is nothing quite as satisfying as knowing your house is sparkly and clean.
The most effective way to keep your house clean is to organize as much as you can and keep it organized every day.
Here a few tips
- Have a place for everything, and keep everything in its place
- Label, label, label!
- Use color-coded containers to utilize categorization
Try to institute a policy of immediately returning whatever you’re finished using to its proper place. If you are committed to it, this policy will help you cut down on cleaning time in the future.
If you don’t use it, don’t keep it.
The best way to avoid clutter is never to have it in the first place. For those of us who live in the real world though, clutter is a part of everyone’s household.
We recommend a full purge at least twice a year. Go through everything and discard the stuff you don’t use or won’t use again. Donate what you can and throw out the rest.
Some people have a hard time letting go. While we understand, we insist that once you do let go, you’ll be surprised at how good it feels. Try it for yourself and see!
Teamwork makes the dream work.
We recommend employing the two birds, one stone method. You can teach your children the importance of teamwork and responsibility, and lighten your load at the same time. Talk about twice the fun!
Now that we’ve discussed ways to keep clutter out let’s go through the best ways to speed clean your house. Use our method, and with just minutes a day, you will notice a marked difference in the cleanliness of your home.
- Most importantly, always make your bed! Even if the rest of your room is a little cluttered, that freshly made bed will at least look a bit cleaner.
- Take a few moments to put away any clothes or other items that you see lying around. Think back that organizational tip, keep everything in its place. Make this your motto, and you will be more likely to stick to it.
- Use a cloth or duster to dust all surfaces.
- Start by applying a bowl cleaner to your toilet. Let it go to work while you move on to the rest of the bathroom.
- Use a wet cloth or disinfecting wipe to surface clean the sink, tub, shower, and countertop.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the inside of the toilet bowl.
- Use a disinfecting wipe to clean the toilet seat, top, and bottom. Don’t forget the sides of the toilet and the floor immediately around and under your toilet.
Dining Room/Living Room/Playroom/Home Office
The process for your other living spaces is very similar. Follow these steps, making adjustments as needed.
- Put away all dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
- Pick up any stray toys, shoes, papers. To save time, put everything in one basket. Throughout the day, you can return the items to their proper place.
- Dust all surfaces with a clean duster.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down all furniture and surfaces.
- Bring your miscellaneous basket with you and collect any items that don’t belong in the kitchen to put away later.
- Unload and reload the dishwasher.
- Quickly tackle any hand wash only items.
- Use a disinfecting spray and a cloth or a disinfecting wipe and clean all surfaces.
- Put away all clean dishes.
- Wipe down stovetop.
- Spray the sink with an appropriate cleaner and wipe with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Spot mop any areas that need special attention. Do a full-on mop about once a week.
- About once every two or three days, vacuum your carpet and rugs.
- Use a glass cleaner to clean any mirrors or glass surfaces.
- Last but certainly not least, before you rest, put away the items in your miscellaneous basket.
And there you have it, a foolproof way to speed clean your house in just minutes a day. Follow these steps, and you will be well on your way to a consistently clean home. Good for you!
For some tips on making your own fantastic, environmentally friendly cleaning products look here. The best part, they are all made from ten products you most likely have on hand already in your pantry.