Why do I need a “move out cleaning checklist?” Well, moving can be a massive ordeal between packing and organizing, and of course the actual transporting of your belongings from your old to your new home. Aside from making your deadline, there is also the task of cleaning your apartment before you leave for good.
The expenses of moving can also add up quickly, so being able to earn your cleaning deposit back can be a huge help financially. No one wants to say goodbye to the money they put down when they started renting, but taking the time and putting in the work to completely clean your apartment can seem overwhelming during a move.
If you want to make sure you earn your cleaning deposit back, here’s a handy move out cleaning checklist to help guide you through the process and reduce the stress of thoroughly cleaning your apartment.
Room By Room
Go through your apartment and tackle chores room by room. An orderly method will keep you from overlooking any of the items on your move out cleaning checklist. Staying focused and organized and following your list will help you finish cleaning on time. And, it will get your deposit returned.
Cleaning the bathroom is likely not a favorite job, but you’ll need to make sure it’s sparkling clean before you move out.
- Clean shower thoroughly. Remove soap scum from the grout, shower door, tiles.
- Make sure all of your drawers are empty and clean by vacuuming them out and wiping them down
- Wipe down the mirrors
- Clean your toilet including around the base
- Countertops, sinks, and floor should all be cleaned
The kitchen is potentially one of the most used areas in your home, so cleaning it might take a little more time. Don’t worry, following your checklist will keep you on the right track.
- All cabinets and drawers should be emptied and cleaned out
- Wipe down fronts of cabinets
- Don’t forget to clean out appliances: the oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher need to scrubbing
- Make sure the sink and countertops are cleaned well and disinfected
- Sweep and mop the floors, including behind appliances.
The bedrooms, living room and dining room will also need some extra attention.
- Dust and remove all cobwebs
- Vacuum or sweep and mop depending on your flooring type
- Wash all windows in every room
- Wipe down doors and door knobs
- Don’t leave any nail or screw holes in the walls. You’ll need to putty them to fill them in.
- Clean the baseboards and outlets
Don’t Forget Outside
Does your apartment have a garage space or yard? You’ll want to take care to ensure those areas aren’t forgotten.
- Mow your lawn
- Weed flower beds if applicable
- Don’t leave any belongings or yard ornaments behind
- Empty and sweep your garage
- Sweep walkways and porch
Running Out of Time or Motivation?
Despite your best efforts to take care of all the cleaning yourself, you may still feel overwhelmed. Even with a solid move out cleaning checklist, you may not have the time to clean your apartment yourself. Or, you may not want to, but losing your deposit isn’t an option. Cleaning it yourself seems daunting or not possible with everything else you have going on.
If cleaning your apartment after you move out isn’t something you can accomplish, you have another option. Hiring a professional cleaning service can alleviate the stress you may be feeling.
Don’t feel guilty about not being able to do the cleaning yourself. Moving takes lots of time and energy and cleaning your apartment is not necessarily something that you can fit into your schedule.
Bee Maids Can Help
If you thought this move out cleaning checklist was extensive, Bee Maids does that and much more! (Except outside lawn work). You will be impressed with their attention to detail and how thorough they are. You won’t have to worry about not getting your deposit back with Bee Maids doing the work for you.
Bee Maids’ move out services will go above and beyond what you would be able to tackle on your own. They’ll clean every room and area of your house and won’t overlook a thing. Contact Bee Maids today for a quote, and don’t worry anymore about cleaning your apartment after you move out. Use your time and energy to focus on your new home and settling in, and leave the cleaning to Bee Maids.