Terms of Service
Terms of Service
We love our work and happily do just about any kind of cleaning to help our customers. On the other hand, to maintain a high standard of quality, there are some limitations on what we can do:
We reserve the right to cancel any service, for any reason.
We do not assume liability for health and safety of your pets. While we are very mindful and careful about your pets, you are in the best position to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
Our cleaning technicians exercise reasonable care when cleaning. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our cleaning technicians. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, improper installation of an item(s), or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $200 and that is not disclosed on our service form.
If any damage or perceived damage is noticed after the cleaning technicians have left, the customer must notify Bee Maids within 48 hours of any problem that may have occurred at the address during that day and time of the scheduled cleaning. We will do our best to resolve the problem and come up with a reasonable solution.
These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
• Carpet & Rug Snags – Carpet snags are the result of exposed loops caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller brush. We use Shark professional vacuums that are set to industry standards (which cannot be adjusted). In order to limit snags or fraying, we will try our best not to go near the bad areas of carpeting/rugs.
• Broken Blinds – Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun and aging, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
• Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors – If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
• Artwork, Collectibles or Family Heirlooms valued over $200 – These items are expensive and/or impossible to replace. In that case, we do not assume the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform, in writing in the service agreement, of any item(s) that fall into this category.
• Woodwork, Vintage/Antique Wood Furniture, un-finished & Furniture with Special Instructions – Please let us know during your booking if your woodwork, wooden furniture or vintage wooden furniture is not sealed or is made of another material other than actual wood. Please discuss your furniture care needs with specifications as per item if they need special attention in anyway. If you would like to supply your own cleaning product(s) for your specific piece(s) of furniture, leather furniture, pianos, etc., please notify us via, service agreement, email or mail of the preferred product(s) you will provide us with.
We need electricity and water! If your utilities are turned off, we will gladly reschedule to when they are back on. Lock out fees may apply in case we arrive at your home and there is no home or electricity to perform the job.
Our cleaning technicians need a comfortable temperature to clean a house, which means we need the AC or heater on while we work in your house.
We have 3-step ladders which is sufficient to reach most 1st floor windows, ceiling fans, and upper shelves. We do not climb higher than that – for liability reasons.
Again, for liability and health reasons, we do not move heavy appliances and furniture. We can clean around them and underneath, to the extent reachable.
If the home is in bad shape – broken glass, mountains of clutter, or “hoarder’s living space” – we can most likely bring it to a livable/ habitable standard. However, the end result will not be comparable with the level of cleanliness we can achieve on a standard home. Because of that, we will discuss this issue before starting the job and upon arrival onsite. We will photograph before and after for potential sharing and strategizing within our company on how to best approach the cleaning. We will neither keep nor distribute the photos for any other reason.
Also, cleaning technicians have the choice to leave upon arrival if the home is in extreme condition or they feel unsafe/threatened. This is cleaning up after a large party, the cleaners may refuse service on the spot and you will be charged the maximum cancellation fee.
If the pricing we provided you underestimates the price of your cleaning because the condition of your home is much worse than predicted or because you did not provided us the accurate information into our online service agreement, we will first inform you by call and email. We do have permission to adjust the price, charge the cleaning hourly, or refuse the service. Client agrees to pay technician’s travel cost if decide to decline services.
You can cancel your cleaning services at any time, however, if you cancel before your fifth visit, your cleaning will be treated as a one-time (which we don’t require to start services) hence you will be charged $75.00
We will not clean animal feces and urine.
Due to the variable nature of viruses, the uncertainty of the underlying science and the lack of available research about the efficacy of cleaning technology, Bee Maids makes no representations or warranties except as expressly set forth in its website. the customer is purchasing a process and not any specific result. Based on presently-available information, the process is reasonably believed to be effective, but only until the work areas are reoccupied, at which point, they can become contaminated again and pose a life and safety hazard due to circumstances beyond Bee Maids’ control.
Bee Maids cannot and does not warrant or represent that every virus or microorganism will be removed, eradicated or rendered non-viable. complete removal is not realistic and is outside the scope of the work. Additionally, Bee Maids shall not be liable for microorganisms found in the property after a human has entered the work area after completion of the work.
When retaining Bee Maids, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Bee Maids for any home-related services. We spend a lot of time and resources finding, interviewing, checking references and backgrounds, and training our Cleaning Technicians. When hired, they sign an agreement barring them from performing any home related service for any of our past or present customers. However, if you do wish to employ a staff member directly please discuss this matter with the owners Maricela or Jorge Leiva. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral/training fee is $5,000 per hired employee. We consider our employees our most valuable asset and charge accordingly.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Bee Maids and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, owners, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of any cleaning services received by you and performed by Bee Maids’ representatives; (ii) any alleged or actual loss or damage to property (including your residence), resulting from the performance of the Bee Maids’ cleaning services.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Bee Maids does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the cleaning services, including the cleaning services performed by Bee Maids’ representatives, or any losses or damages that may result therefrom. The service, including our cleanings, are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. use of the service is at your own risk. to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike quality, or non-infringement. without limiting the foregoing, bee maids, its subsidiaries, and its licensors do not warrant that the service is accurate, reliable or correct; that the service will meet your requirements; or that the service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure.
Houston, TX 77084